Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 11 of the "30 in 30" painting challenge

Up and at it early this morning. I don't think I have gotten up at 5 AM to paint in 30 yrs., but it felt good. I enjoyed hearing the birds singing while painting this little guy.
So, you say, why the early start? My 5 yr. old best friend is visiting this weekend, and from experience, I've learned that a 5 yr. old and oil paint don't mix!!!!
It's now 8 am, and I'm headed back to bed for a morning nap, before the little tornado wakes.
Thanks for stopping in.

15 comments:

  1. I have one (actually three) of those tornadoes. I bet they DON'T mix with oil well. Mine live far away. Love this little bird - your background color is so nice and your edges are so soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti, I have a few that live away from us as well, but it also makes the visits super special.

      Delete
  2. He is beautiful Debra. Hope you got some sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MaryB. thank goodness yes, about 1 1/2 hrs. I need all my strenght just to keep up with her...hahaha

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work Deb. I think your birds are my favorite since I'm such a bird lover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colleen, I didn't know I enjoyed painting this much. Thinking of maybe a series.

      Delete
  4. Very nice painting Debra! I like how the background is so mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful early morning painting. Love the mood of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for visiting my blog. I invite you to please follow. I promise I'll try to keep it interesting and short.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birds are amazing Debra, very beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jules...I appreciate the compliment!

    ReplyDelete