Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 10 of the "30 in 30" painting challenge

Living on top of a mountain in the middle of tomato country, it is very easy to get spoiled to having vine ripe tomatoes, at the picking, every spring and summer.
About this time of year, during winter, I start getting the urge for a good old tomato sandwich. Unfortunately, the store bought tomatoes just don't stand up to what I'm used to.
I do like thinking about the farmers that are starting their seeds right about now, and every year, I say I'm going to plant my own. Well, this year I'm going to do it! I have my seeds and seed starter containers ready. In the next couple of weeks, the growing will begin.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely and has such a natural look about it. Tomatoes are a good choice for their complements and you painted these very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Debra and June!! and a big thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete