Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 30 of the "30 in 30" painting challenge.

Let me start by saying, thank you for following along with me this month. It certainly encourages me to continue with a personal challenge, to keep painting every day.
I have decided to go for a "60 in 60" painting challenge, due to having too many painting ideas to stop now.
If you are a painting friend, and want to have a go at it with me, please let me know. I would love for us to cheer each other on.
As for this little painting, it is a painting just for me. I wanted to paint at least one rose for this challenge, but I can't think of a rose without thinking of  purple violets and the man I married 25 years ago.
For 25 years, every year, I have received four things for Valentine's Day.
1. chocolate
2. a card... that has gotten bigger every year
3. At least one rose, usually more
and,
4. my special poem he says to me.
So, you see, this painting represents that special poem.
                                                                                        Here goes...  Roses are red
                                                                                                             Violets are purple
                                                                                                             You're as sweet,
                                                                                                              as maple surple.
Now you can see why I had to paint a red rose with purple violets. Not something most artist would choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment