Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 28 of the "30 in 30" painting challenge

As this challenge comes to an end, in a couple of days, I thought it appropriate to do a setting sun.
Living on the water, every afternoon, you got to close your day with spectacular light shows. As a painter, I could feel the excitement to run and grab my paints, and paint as fast as I could. Sorry to say, that never happened. By the time you run to get your paints, it would be gone. Even if you had your equipment set up, I knew I would never be able to paint fast enough to capture it. It would change in a blink of an eye.
I would have to settle on taking pictures, but then, the camera could never catch the drama I would be seeing.
For years now, I have procrastinated, thinking one day I would give it a try... so here it is.
I must say, it feels good to finally paint the sunset I only once dreamed of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment