Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 21 of the "30 in 30" painting challenge

Being a native of Florida, and having raised my children there, seeing dramatic sunsets becomes a way of life. I can't remember ever seeing a sunset I didn't want to paint. The problem was more of, if I paint that, I could never paint it with the drama it actually had.
One of the benefits of these beautiful sunset, are the dramatic shadows that are cast on buildings, houses, walls, and everything else.
During the time, before digital, we lived there, I took thousands of pictures of these sunset and cast shadows. Now that I have committed to painting everyday, I have decided to go through all of those photos and finally paint some of them...if for no other reason, to paint small reminders, for my kids, of their childhood at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment