Saturday, February 16, 2013

#41/60 Daily painting challenge

Over the years, I have spent many hours sitting on the bleachers watching the kids play ball... football ,softball, baseball, and soccer.
If you happen to be one of those bleacher sitters,like me, then you'll know what it's like to see those little kids play, or should I say, try to play.
I could watch them all day every day... run and throw the wrong way, then the coaches screaming and pointing to get them to go the other way.  I especially love to watch peewee football. Those little guys are sooooo funny, they look like little bobble head dolls running in every different direction.
This painting is done from a photo my dear friends, Connie and Tommy Hawkins took a few years back. They specialize in sports photography, and have a  talent for capturing that perfect moment, like this one.
I just couldn't resist painting it today, considering it's that time of year again. Yes, today was sign up day for the coming softball season.... so, I guess it's time to dust off the ole bleacher cushion.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like me when I used to play baseball. ;) Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dave!! Sorry to take so long getting back to you. 10 days of the flu, unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. This is adorable Deb, I bet they absolutely Love this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Colleen...yep,I got a huge teary smile.

    ReplyDelete