Friday, February 8, 2013

#38/60 daily painting challenge.

If you have ever had a puppy, kitten, or basically any pet, I know you've experience the inquisitive head tilt. It always makes me smile and wonder if they really can understand, or do they understand, then tilt their little head because they are astonished that you are doing something odd. You know, such as talk in that baby talk we all do.
That's the main reason I chose to paint this guy, but when I finished, I got to thinking about other things it could mean.
 For one, I know that the wisest people always seem to question everything. I like to think that's the way I am, for you see, I happen to have been that obnoxious kid in school that had to question everything. I know the other kids would get furious when I would raise my hand. I could always here that dreaded moan coming from the other kids, then the teacher would stop the class and go into lengthy explanations for me.
 Then there's one other thing I thought about... when an artist picks something to paint, and at the end we step back,  all the questioning begins. Does it say anything, will people get it, did I accomplish what I set out to do, have I missed any of the technical problems...etc.
As a matter of fact, I think I might name this "Questionable" what do you think?

1 comment: